NECTARINES DELIGHT PANCAKES WITH AMARANTH - GLUTEN FREE
These gluten - free Nectarines Delight pancakes are perfect treat for Sunday morning. So tasty and so healthy, that every mum should feel proud of serving them to loved ones.
This recipe is not only gluten-free but also dairy-free and contain less refined flour. The amaranth gives it a nutty flavour and hearty texture.
So why are they so healthy?
Nectarines Delight pancakes contain:
- amaranth flour (the most nutritional grain that there is, gluten - free)
- rice flour (gluten - free)
- cinnamon (regulates blood sugar, reduces LDL cholesterol levels, effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and much more)
- coconut flakes (supplies key vitamins and minerals)
- coconut oil (unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health)
- nectarines (rich source of antioxidant and fiber, works against Cancer and heart disease
- agave nectar (beyond being a natural sweetener, offer health benefits from weight loss to wound healing)
To mansion all the benefits of the ingredients that we are going to use for our pancakes here, would be very difficult, because there are endless.
So do a research for yourself or look out for NaturallyConnected blogs about Health Food and Life style.
So how do me make them? Very simple.
1/4 cup amaranth flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 T cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup soy milk or rice milk
1 tsp coconut oil (plus 2 T or more for frying)
Fresh, freeze dried or frozen nectarines
Beat the egg, add the soy milk or rice milk and 1 tsp coconut oil. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, then add to the egg mixture.Preheat a large frying pan, then add 2 T of coconut oil. When oil is shimmering hot, spoon the batter into the pan. Add a small handfull of finally chopped to the pancakes while they are cooking. After a few minutes, when bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancakes to brown the other side. Drizzle with agave nectar and decorate with big pieces of softened nectarines.
Slice nectarines and decorate the dish. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut flakes and add some agave nectar for sweetness.