PROTEIN GRANOLA BARS
These soft and chewy granola bars are gluten-free, egg-free, and made with no added sugar. They are perfectly nutritious, high in protein and delicious snack. So ladies before hitting the gym or a yoga mat have one of them and you will not feel guilty.
11/2 cup organic oats
1/2 cup amaranth popping
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I used whey)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tbspoons flax (ground)
4 tbspoons freeze dried strawberry powder
1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
1/2cup peanuts in chocolate (can be shop bought)
1/2 cup almonds (roasted, crashed)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 coconut milk
1/2 tbspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare an 8x8 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, amaranth popping, protein powder, flax, freeze dried strawberries and powder, peanuts in chocolate, almonds and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, coconut milk, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
If the cutting goes smoothly, you will end up with 18 small rectangles. 1 bar = 6.5g of protein. Not a bad going for such a tasty, small think.
Two main ingredients oats and amaranth.
To avoid using sugar we added honey, peanut butter, peanuts in chocolate, and freeze dried strawberries. To add extra protein punch - 2 big scoops of vanilla protein.
Finished bars. You can put strawberry marmalade on the top for a tasty breakfast snack.